Why study Russian?
- Russia is the biggest country in the world
- Dostoevsky, Tolstoy and Pushkin wrote in Russian
- Russian is the largest native language in Europe
- It is 1 of the 6 official languages of the United Nations
- It is mandatory for NASA
- It is a must to fully understand and enjoy Russian cultural heritage
- Knowledge of Russian opens professional opportunities
- It is a beautiful language!
For more information on career opportunities, download this PDF on Canadian and international job opportunities for Russian Studies graduates.
Courses offered in fall and winter of the 2014-2015 academic year
RUSS 101-001 Basic Russian I
RUSS 101-002 Basic Russian I
RUSS 101-003 Basic Russian I
RUSS 102-001 Basic Russian II
RUSS 102-002 Basic Russian II
RUSS 102-003 Basic Russian II
RUSS 200 Second-Year Russian
RUSS 215 Russian Practice
RUSS 300 Third-Year Russian
RUSS 316 Russian Through Film – New!
RUSS 400 Fourth-Year Russian
Please visit our courses page to view current course descriptions.
Russian Career Opportunities
Knowledge of Russian has become a valuable asset in the job market. Please download the .pdf file for information about Russian and international companies that are interested in hiring students who know Russian.