Call for Applications: Two Undergraduate Assistants to the Director of Undergraduate Study (German)
The two undergraduate assistants will be the central points of contact between Dr. Ervin Malakaj, the Director of Undergraduate Studies (German) and the undergraduate student body in German at UBC. They will collaborate with the DUS to generate materials and programming of relevance to the undergraduate student body in Arts/German studies.
Duties for AY 2021-2022
• Weekly check-in meetings with the DUS to set project goals and check in about progress
• Program development as needed to meet the goals for the year (see below)
• Position will entail mostly virtual with some in-person components
Goals for AY 2021-2022
• Establish the parameters for and host an undergraduate German research conference
• Develop the parameters for an undergraduate research blog/journal in German studies
• Develop a dossier of materials variously presenting information about the German undergraduate program. This includes PPT deck, digital brochures, and related materials suitable for recruitment purposes (to be used by DUS and program faculty)
• Develop informational videos featuring faculty, students, staff in the department
• Visit classrooms across the German curriculum to inform students about programming and course offering each semester
• Develop an undergraduate student handbook for German that can be edited as needed to accommodate curriculum renewal
• Assist hosting information sessions on scholarships, study abroad, and graduate school opportunities
• Undergraduate student currently enrolled in any course with the designation GERM for T1 and T2 during W2021.
• Exceptional organizational skills and capacity to collaborate with others on multi-step projects
• Enthusiasm about language and culture studies
Hours and Pay
Two assistants will be appointed for the duration of W2021 T1 and T2 (both semesters). They will work 7 hours a week during each semester with a pay of $18.00/hr.
How to Apply
Send a cv/resume and a letter of interest (no longer than one page) outlining your interest in the position to Dr. Ervin Malakaj (email@example.com). Applications are accepted throughout, but priority will be given to all applications submitted by September 20, 2021.
If you have any questions about the position, be sure to reach out to Dr. Malakaj directly.