The UBC German Studies Program is pleased to announce the call for applications for two $500 Undergraduate Research Awards supported with generous funding from the Goethe Institute.
These awards aim to recognize outstanding undergraduate students who demonstrate a passion for research in German Studies. Awardees will pursue an independent research project in W2023 T2 and will present their findings at the upcoming 2024 German Studies Undergraduate Research Showcase (GSURS). This event serves as a platform for undergraduate students in German Studies at the University of British Columbia, the University of Victoria, and the University of Washington to present their research findings and engage in scholarly discussions with peers and faculty members.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in the UBC German Program.
- Demonstrated excellence in academic achievement in German Studies.
- Strong interest in pursuing independent research in German Studies.
Responsibilities of Awardees:
- Conduct an independent research project in German Studies during W2023 T2.
- Present their research at the GSURS.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the GSURS event.
To apply for the award, students should submit a completed application package consisting of a personal statement (not longer than one page) highlighting the applicant’s academic achievements in German Studies, research potential, and a short description of their proposed research project. The statement should be saved in a PDF.
Please submit application by February 15th to email@example.com. Please direct questions to GSURS lead organizer Dr. Ervin Malakaj (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Director of Undergraduate Studies in German Dr. Biz Nijdam (email@example.com).