Call for Submissions:
The Scandinavian and Nordic Cultural Association is publishing their first Undergraduate Student Journal. The editorial team will consist of undergrad students working together to publish undergraduate papers. Submissions are now open until the 22nd of February. You do not need to be a Scandinavian minor to submit your paper to the journal, and the paper does not need to be written for a SCAN class, as long as the topic is relevant. Please see the submission details below.
Who Can Submit?
You do not need to be a Scandinavian minor to submit your paper to the journal, and the paper does not need to be written for a SCAN class, as long as the topic is relevant.
We are accepting relevant paper topics from Fall 2018 courses to Fall 2020 courses. Please see the submission details below.
- Be an undergraduate paper from an undergraduate class that is centered on topics relevant to the Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Finland)
- Contain an abstract between 150 and 300 words in length.
- Have a minimum of 1,200 words in length, maximum of 2,500 words.
- Follow MLA Style citation guidelines
- Papers with images should: (1) properly cite them, (2) locate them at the end of the document, (3) Images must be common use.
- Be submitted in Word document format (.docx).
- We recommend that submissions receive a 75% or higher
Please submit your paper or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The shortlist will be announced between March 1-3.